Wednesday, August 10, 2011

we're getting our colour on...

Is that a little Jonathan Adler inspired makeover happening on my veranda? 




























Regular readers will know that I am not averse to a paint brush.  I love to get my hands on some beautiful but decrepit old thing and give it a colourful revamp.  Hell, I even read colour specifiers in the bath!  I just don't get bland. Or neutrals.  I have a like-minded mate over at Salvation Jane, who also loves nothing better than to break out a sample pot and indulge in a little hue.  Only she doesn't do orange - but that is a whole other story...

So, the good lady Salvation and I were very chuffed to be approached to team up and do a bit of a colourwork at the next Magnolia Square event, to be held at The Centre in Ivanhoe on Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 August - yikes, that's only ten days away!

The theme of this Magnolia Square is colour - so  together, Jane and I are putting on a bit of a side-show to demonstrate how we like to 'upcycle' (apparently that's a euphemism for tarting things up!)  with paint, paper and, of course, fabric.

We'll be there both days for a chat, so do pop along.  You can read about it here.

And you can see how I got along trying to get Jane to work with a little orange!  
hx





3 comments:

  1. You two will NAIL it! Can't wait to see the finished product...be still be aqua beating heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hon, sorry you won't be with us in the Thirroul/Ja-rool hood this weekend. Sounds bloody exciting down there x C

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be pushing shit uphill getting me to paint ANYTHING orange. I've burnt the swatches in the colour specifier...soz...X

    ReplyDelete