Monday, October 24, 2011

Make mine melamine...


The old plastic plate has come a long way - when Melbourne art world hipsters like Ghostpatrol, Miso, Dawn Tan, Dylan Martorell and Miranda Skoczek are doing melamine, it must be cool (you can get those ones from Douglas and Hope.  Here's my round-up of the loveliest melamine plates, that appeared in the Sunday Age M Magazine last weekend.  My favourite bit though, is the fab faux grass deck chair from Kirsty at Kootoyoo - how clever is it?


We shot this one from way up high - Mike was upstairs with his camera perched above the man hole:




























And I was downstairs, staring up at this:




























And here is how it looked all printed up on Sunday morning:  


Photo by Mike Baker, writing and styling by me, copyright owned by Fairfax Media.
hx











1 comment:

  1. How cool. I love melamine plates, reminds me of childhood picnics :) These are certainly some gorgeous ones!

    ReplyDelete