Sunday, September 2, 2012

gorgeous Melbourne home - Guy Mathews

Guy Mathews at home

Man I love this home. There were some serious pangs of home/life envy when Armelle, her lovely assistant Annette and I left Guy Mathews' home above his incredible store in Johnson Street Fitzroy after this shoot.

I wanted practically everything there. And the colours? Ah the colours - Guy mixes his wall paints himself and has achieved a palette that is nothing short of sublime. Suddenly my white-walled home seemed so safe, and dull. And my white vintage Casala chair - so pedestrian - why isn't it sky blue?

Anyway, like all of theses things, I got over it - until I opened Sunday Life yesterday.  I can feel some moody-hued wall painting coming on.  Stand by...


Guy Mathews' home, copyright Sunday Life magazine, Fairfax Media

2 comments:

  1. What amazing style, I wish I could see more of his apartment. Thanks for sharing, I'm off to check out his website now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete