Sunday, January 13, 2013

Carni-chic

Carnival inspired homewares styled by Heather Nette King 
Here is my first Sunday Age M magazine Savvy Shopper shoot to appear in 2013 - and it was inspired by all of those carnivals and circuses that roll into town over the Christmas holidays.  Despite their inherent tackiness, I am a sucker for those flashing lights and the promise of fairy-floss.  Going to the carni was an annual treat for me at our lovely long hot summers by the beach at Ocean Grove.  It's now on the foreshore at Barwon Heads - and strangely this was the first year our girls didn't want to go - they are growing up, sad-face!

This shoot was done in a state of delirium (which actually may have helped!).  I was knackered from a massive shoot in the preceding days, and Mike was on his fourth Savvy shoot in three days (along with my fellow Savvy stylists, Ruth and Emily,  I was stockpiling the shoots before the Christmas break).  We started at around 4pm, then packed down at about 11pm - with the help of my extremely excellent husband, who took pity on me and came to lend some muscle - thanks Jez!  I am so happy with the final shot - there's nothing I love more than a touch of drama, theatre and whimsy.

hx
here it is on the page (non-Melbournians you can email me for stockist details) 


This shoot appeared in the Sunday Age M mag yesterday.  Copyright Fairfax Media




the aftermath!

No comments:

Post a Comment